Thursday, March 24, 2011

Newest Viral Video

So recently there has been a song stuck in my head. For some reason I can't get it out... the reason is because it is being played everywhere I go. This song is by a 13 year old girl. I'm pretty sure most people have heard it by now, because it has been on YouTube and all over the news. I am talking about the song Friday, by Rebecca Black. (I'm not sure how to upload videos onto my blog yet... so there is the link... it's also here).

A few of her "brilliant" lyrics are...
Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

I have always had that same issue, when there are no open seats in the front (and a 12 year old is driving) but there is an open seat in back... I am just never sure where I should sit. I also would like to thank Miss Black for reasurring me that I should sit in the back seat. She really taught me a lot in just a short song.

And another thank you to Miss Black for teaching me the days of the week. She explains in simple terms the way that a week plays out.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after … wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

I was never really sure what day came after Friday, but thanks to her I am now 100% positive. I would like to ask everyone reading this, that if I ever produce something as "wonderful" as this song, that you will tell me how "awesome" it really is.

My favorite part of her song, if you can call it that, is the chorus.
It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend
This may be the one valid point in her whole song. Everybody is always "lookin' forward to the weekend" I know I sure am.

I don't mean to be mean with this blog post, but I just had to get my thoughts, and this song, out of my head. I will say that I am pretty impressed that a 13 year old is able to get 44,075,303 (and counting) hits on YouTube. That is pretty cool.

I am looking forward to more of her "amazing" "songs". I wasn't sure which one I should put in quotation marks, because I was not sure which one I was being more sarcastic about. Did I really want to stress that I thought her song is "amazing" or did I want to comment on the fact that she can even call it a "song"? I don't know.

I think that this post is a little harsh. And I am sorry, Rebecca, if it offends you in anyway. I just wanted to get my thoughts out for everyone to read.

If I were her right now, I would sit down with a nice cup of tea and come up with a better song. But that's just my opinion.

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment