Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SNOW? and Other Silly Things

Recently I have discovered two things. The first is a website called Dear blank, please blank. I love reading them. Back when I had actual homework to do after school, I would spend most of my time procrastinating by looking at this website. One that I can relate to:
Dear tall people,
Being short isn't so bad. We have rational fears like heights and grizzly bears. You have stupid fears like doorways and ceiling fans.
Sincerely, anonymous.
This website is amazing. It really makes me laugh. I could fill up my entire blog with my favorite messages to ____ (blank). But I won't because I still have more things to talk about.

The second thing that I want to discuss is the upcoming snow storm. Ok, let's be serious, it is the middle of March. I was hoping that it would snow on March 5th, because that is my birthday, and I was born in a blizzard, but it didn't. So why should it snow now? Really, I wrote about snow a few months ago. I think it's time to be done. Because if it doesn't stop snowing all of our houses are going to look like this...
The last snow storm we had I thought I was going to be buried alive under a snowbank. When I would take Max, my puppy, for a walk I was afraid that his little legs would sink all the way down, and he would be lost forever. He did sink down very far, but he enjoyed hopping around like a bunny. But really, as much as I love watching Max hop around, I really do not want any more snow.

So, I checked the weather (I am also experimenting with using links) and I discovered this image.
Immediately my mouth fell open, and I had to contain myself from letting out a loud wail. "ARE WE SEROUS?" Chance of snow from 2pm until 2am. I am disgusted in the weather at the current moment in time. I was so ready to put away my winter clothes, and throw my boots into the closet... but instead I have to put on my big puffy coat, and hat and gloves, to go trekking to and from school. Wonderful! Is it so much to ask for just another nice warm day? Instead we are going to be hit with a mountain of wintry flakes. I can't even bear to look back at my older posts where I expressed my love for the fluffy snow. I've had enough, and I'm ready for warmth and sun.

Ok, I think that is enough about snow.


In other news, I found my
Pink (that looks kind of silly) nail polish that I have been looking for. After years, of searching I found it. I would like to thank an anonymous source for bringing me this wonderful color.

If you cannot read the label it says "Sinful Colors" and the color is "Fusion Neon" Really, anything with that name has to be perfect. Thank you so much for helping me find this color. The moment I got home I painted my nails and each time I look down at them a huge grin spreads over my face. I can't wait for the sun to hit them tomorrow... oh wait, it will be hidden by the falling snow. Either way, I am not going to let the chance of snow ruin my wonderful new pink nails. They are so bright they might even melt some of the snow. I mean anything can happen, it is going to snow in the middle of march...

As much as I am upset about the recent weather predictions, I will say that I do think it is absolutely gorgeous the morning after a big snowfall. It reminds me of a winter wonderland, because that's what it is.


Ok, I think that is all for now. Now that I really understand this blogging thing, I might try using different fonts, or more colors, or even video clips.


Thanks to everyone for reading my thoughts and ramblings.


-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment