Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shoes

This year I realized my immense love for shoes. Converse, specifically. I really enjoy adding color into my life, I find that a little extra brightness really can change my mood very quickly. My small collection of Converse sneakers is nowhere near complete at all. I have had my eye on neon ones for quite some time.
A few days, when I walked through the door after school, my mom exclaimed, "I have a present for you!" Typically when she says this it is usually gluten free cookies, she is gluten free, or something small to hang on my keys. This day, was different. When I opened the bag of goodies, there was no food in it, no little trinkets, but a pair of neon pink converse. My eyes almost popped out of my head.
This picture doesn't really show how neon my new shoes actually are. I almost need sunglasses just to look at them. They make me really happy. In my collection of Converse I have red and brown shoes. I love each of them for their own reasons. But my love for my new neon pink ones is pretty obvious. So if you see me walking down the hallway or out around town, be sure to put on a pair of sunglasses if you want to look at my bright new kicks.

The weather lately has been pretty crummy, it has been very dull and boring out. I hope that my bright shoes will add a little sunshine into your life. I know they help me smile during this gloomy week.

Keep smiling, we're (the seniors) just about done!!!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment